Saturday, February 9, 2008

Don't You Hate Other Peoples Top Tens?




['Die! Die! Die!']






Hello listeners,

I will forgo any verbose preamble, and in the tried & true Kiwi fashion, akin to a sledgehammer - get right into it!

Over the past five weeks over 500 songs have gone out over the net to a worldwide audience.

And when I say worldwide, I’m talking about regular listeners from Spain to Argentina.

So what it's worth, here's moi’s Top Ten Kiwi songs as broadcast on Pure N.Z Alt Radio.

In no particular order:

Subliminals - ‘Radience’
Trash – ‘Telecom South’
Drone – ‘Farmer’
Double Happys – ‘Needles & Plastic’
The Mint Chicks – ‘Ockhams Razor’
Olla – ‘Olla Putrido’
Thought Creature – ‘Your Telepathy’
Straitjacket Fits – ‘Dailing a Prayer’
Skeptics – ‘Sensible Shoes’
Beat Rhythm Fashion - ‘Art & Duty’

To further this unabrashed exercise in self-indulgence (no not that sort of self indulgence, but there are similarities I have to admit) I'm going to be playing MY 'Top Ten' in amongst the 11 hours of new programming on MY station.

So there!

Suffer little children.

Listen-out for the new stuff from......

The Spoutts
Batrider
The L.e.d.s
Shocking Pinks

And re-cycled stuff from the vaults by.......

Ape Management
King Loser
Loves Ugly Children
Sferic Experiment
The Terminals
Solid Gold Hell

Where do I stop?

Listen-up!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I finally got around to checking your station out. Good stuff. I put a link on my blog's front page. It goes straight to the radioplayer. Hope that's cool. Let me know if otherwise.

Nick Fulton said...

That picture is of Die! Die! Die!, not Thought Creature