Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Life in the fridge exists

Cripes, I now have a blog!

Sh*t that means more time on the internet (imagines hearing wives complaining voice in his ear & begins sweating profusely)

To get down to brass tacks my blog is an attempt to further publicise my humble little radio station that went to air (do internet stations do that?) in December and needs a kick in the pants marketing wise, so punters can discover its existence, and tune in.

That’s hard to do with a marketing budget of: zip, nout, not one brass razoo.

So here we are, it’s my chance to post some crap that will attract punters to my station courtesy of those nifty google spider things that lurk in the shadows and hopefully may even grace this insignificant ‘speck of dust’ site.

So what’s been happening at Pure NZ Alt Radio since I returned from my Christmas Hol’s?

Well a sh*t load really.

Over the past couple of weeks, since I began my publicity offensive, there’s been a day by day growth in both listener numbers and hours.

That’s encouraging that I’m striking a cord (no pun intended) with some folk on this spinning piece of rock.

Interestingly over 40 per cent of those listeners are from outside New Zealand.

Ohh errr.

My play-list is close to 15 hours and was completely cleaned out only 5 days ago so all content is fresh ‘to consume’.

From vinyl rips, obscure overseas re-releases, limited run e.p’s and other stuff buried in the vault (a.k.a dusty boxes in my garage) comes some real gems:

- Pterodactyls
- Fetus Productions
- Ballon D’eassi
- Bird Nest Roys
- Cakekitchen
- Doublehappys
- Goblin Mix
- Great Unwashed
- Heazlewood
- Jean Paul Satre Experience
- King Loser
- Look Blue Go Purple
- Loves Ugly Children
- The Mad Scene
- Nocturnal Projections
- Tall Dwarfs
- Wasp Factory

And these are just the ones I can remember! They say you lose ‘x’ amount of brain cells with every drink you have.

So listen out for that obscure song you thought was lost to time and fascist record companies who wouldn’t know music if it sat on them.

All that ol' stuff, plus the brand-spanking latest outpourings I’ve got my grubby paws on.

That's stuff by:

- Batchelorette
- Maryrose Crook
- The Tweeks
- The Sneaks
- Shocking Pinks
- Ghost Club
- Meat Bix
- Mint Chicks
- Die! Die! Die!

SO TUNE IN THIS VERY SECOND!

There’s a link to the left.

See ewes going baa.




.

1 comment:

sexshop said...

So, I do not really believe it will have effect.